Sunday, October 4, 2020

Coleman Stove First Use: Faux Biscuit

Photo taken Oct 4, 2020 at 2:30 PM

Two-burner Coleman propane stove with a Lodge 3.2 quart Combo Cooker. With a stand this becomes far more Dutch oven like. There is no reason I couldn’t mound coal below and on the lid if I were cooking over a fire. If I could’ve bought a traditional style Dutch oven I would have but the size I wanted wasn’t available at least not soon enough.

I don’t car camp that often. But I do it enough that I finally decided it was time to buy a classic-style (hardly classic as the original version is definitely built of stouter materials) two-burner Coleman propane stove. The stove arrived last week and I managed to find increasing hard-tp-find Coleman propane fuel canisters. Are people feeling a need to become more-prepper-like or are they car camping or tailgating more? I do not know. Now that a damp fall afternoon has arrived I have decided it is time to try using the stove and an also new dutch-like-style oven. Time to try and make a set of biscuits.

I’m was too lazy to make an actual biscuit dough but thought that Bisquick with bits of butter folded in might work. Perhaps it does work and I just failed to make the biscuit properly. Given my skill at cooking this seems all too likely. Long story short I thik had I treated this ore like a frybread project it wouldhave worked out better. You can learn more the experiment worked out watching the video.

Photo taken Oct 4, 2020 at 3:09 PM

The top looks great. The bottom was sadly rather burnt.




No comments: