Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Life in Rhode Island During COVID-19 Pandemic

I came here just over a week ago. I probably should have come earlier though it would not have chnaged anything as far as how I and my parents are living. I am,, like everyone, trying to make the best of things. I am lucky I can spend time with family and not be alone. I am lucky that everyone is healthy and, with good hygene and care and luck, that will remain true. But during this time of impose isolation we can still be pleassantly surprised by the world. This morning as the sun tried to squeeze through the clouds we started to ntice flakes of white falling on to the front deck. Those flakes were snow. They’re not that visible on the front deck gazing out towards Narragansett Bay but turn around and peer across the backyard and voila: snow!



I am also fortunate that I can take nice walks in the neighborhood and not worry that I will run into people. The sun peeked out briefly but by the time I went for this short walk past some lovely floweirng forsythia and magnolia clouds had taken over and with the modest breeze constantly blowing it felt cooler than it probably was.
Photo  taken  Apr 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM

No comments: