Friday, April 30, 2010

Unboxing of Black Diamond Alpine Trekking Poles

Trekking pole gave become, for many, an integral part of their hiking gear. They come in a wide range of materials, styles, and weights. From the classic wooden staff or suitably long gnarled branch to exceedingly thin but strong carbon fiber poles. Handles can be dimple or complex, some even shaped to hold your hand like a gaming joystick or at an angle to improve comfort. Multiple-segment adjuddtanle poles can sport various locking system and dome even provide shock absorbers. Their is a style of pole to suit anyone.

I order mukti-segment pokes for their flexibility. They're easier to travel with. I don't see anti-shock systems as useful. While I want my poles to be light I'm not generally willing to go all out for the lightest pikes in the market. I've played with standard and unusual (e.g.Pacerpolea) grips.

My trusty old Lekis gave bout recently. My Komoerdell Duilick C3 poles are so stuck at one segment as to make them impossible to lenghten or shorten. I shattered an Alpkit carbon fiber pole two years back. I think thecinly completely healthy pair of poles I Noe have are my original Pacerpoles. I needed something new. I settled on Black Diamond Alpine Corklite PPoles. Thes pokes use the BD Fliplick system and combine carbon fiver and aluminum in their construction. They are therefore a but heavier than many all carbon fiver pokes weighing 9.4 ounces per pole (claimed weight is 8 ounces). A lotvof that weight is in the grip and padded strap. I think that is fine as long as the grips prove comfortable over the long haul.

YouTube Video


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: