Tuesday, March 23, 2021

First Use of the Brennerle Hobo Stove

Photo taken Mar 23, 2021 at 9:24 PM

The Brennerle Hobo Stove. I have loaded it Swedish Totch style and at this point it has been burning for about 2 minutes

I first learned about the Brennerle wood burning (Hobo) stove from the review done by Woodswalker 1965 (https://youtu.be/k49TFd9R3-U). I probably have more than enough wood burning stoves but this intrigued me so I bit the bullet and purchased the stove. It took about 2 weeks to get here from Germany.

This is not a review. It is a first-use test of the stove. Take it for what it is worth. I got a good strong fire burning and certainly could have cooked quite a bit more had I wanted too. The stove does pack, in its folded state, to a very compact size. The stove in its case weighed in at 258 grams which is about what I expected. I purchased the solid fuel plate, Trangia burner plate, and low-rise pot supports but have not used them yet. Those items weigh 104 grams in their ziplock bag.

Photo taken Mar 23, 2021 at 6:44 PM

The Brennerle is definitely burning well. I believe I had a good cooking fire for about an hour. I’ve no doubt I could have made the boiling water, re-heated my leftovers and baked my chocolate chip muffin had I managed time better.

I apologize for the mediocre audio. This was something of a spur-of-the-moment video just shot with my iPhone and I think my hand kept covering the microphone which is why the audio fades in and out.




No comments: